Pioneer.eu: After 5 years, it was time for an update to the Pioneer DJM-800 club mixer. Enter the DJM-900 Nexus – the next level in creativity for the pro DJ. Headline features include ultimate computer connectivity, up-to-date effects, high performance features and sound.
Due for release late March 2011, the newest addition to the club-standard DJM range will retail at 1,899 euros inc. VAT.
The 4-channel 96kHz/24-bit soundcard streams all audio signals with no loss of sound quality – and being Traktor Scratch Certified, the DJM-900 Nexus unlocks DVS control. DJs can connect one USB cable and control Traktor with Timecode CD and/or vinyl, directly through the mixer.
6 stunning studio-quality Sound Color FX expand upon the previous 4 and add extra dimensions to any DJ set. With a dedicated FX processor for each of the 4 channels, it raises the bar once more. An overhauled Beat Effects section further enhances the potential for mind-blowing arrangements: 5 new effects, a revolutionary level of control and Pioneer simplicity will rival any other system.
The new built-in X-Pad brings instant one-finger Beat Effects performances. Users of the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 can hit the DJM-900 Nexus Quantize button to lock all these new effects to the Beatgrid of the playing deck.
The DJM-900 Nexus layout is the industry’s most intuitive, most widely used and most creative. With the new plug-and-play software connection that makes DJ transition a breeze, the result is a next generation mixer that is ready for professional DJ booths the world over.
Sound Color FX
Engineered to bring studio quality sound and sequencer style tricks to the club, six new beefed-up effects turn creative vision into a reality at the twist of a dial. In addition to the essential FILTER and CRUSH, the DJM-900 Nexus boasts four new modern effects.
- The massively popular Noise from the DJM-2000 is added by popular demand.
- The brand new and seriously lush Space reverb brings high-pass and low-pass ambiance to every channel.
- The new Dub Echo also has high-pass and low-pass control over a new tape delay effect to twist with your mind as you slip the timing.
- The amazing Gate/Comp strips back your music to the peaks, or beefs it up to seamlessly blend drastically different productions together in the mix.
Overhauled Beat Effects add a whole new level of control
On top of the 6 super-easy Color FX on each channel, the channel-assignable Beat Effects bring a whole new level of control – making extreme processing more reliable and creative with instant results. Let’s start off with the new control interface:
- rekordbox™ Quantize picks up Beatgrid data over the ProDJ Link. Simply connect the DJM-900 Nexus to the network and compatible CDJs send real-time BPM and beat position data to the effects, even as you adjust and bend the pitch in the mix!
- In addition to the Beat buttons that change the timing, the intuitive X-Pad is a touch-sensitive strip that simultaneously engages the Beat Effects, while adjusting things like the Reverb filter, Roll time, and Phaser LFO – using just one finger!
- Bringing a new approach to Filter, Phase and Flanger sweeps is a twin LFO. LFO1 is controlled by the Beat buttons, while LFO2 expresses further wobble factor using the X-Pad.
New High Quality Effects for a digital generation
These include Reverb, Spiral, Slip Roll, Melodic and Midi LFO.
Pro DJ Link functionality enhances performance
The DJM-900 Nexus joins the Pro DJ Link family with a LAN connection that brings three revolutionary new features: Now On Play, Beat Effects and Cue Link.
Fully TRAKTOR™ compatible for plug-and-play simplicity
TRAKTOR™ users can connect their PC to the mixer via a single USB port – conveniently located on top of the unit – to get direct input from Traktor’s 4 decks and enjoy all of its features.
Advanced design for accurate reproduction of audio sources
The DJM-900 Nexus is equipped with the same high-quality audio input and output circuits as the DJM-2000.
New high performance channel faders
New fader technology and fader caps will make the DJM-900 Nexus last for even longer between services in super-tough club environments.