AVReview: Despite its critical success in the home entertainment market, Pioneer hasn’t neglected its in-car entertainment division with the release of eight new head units.
To sum up then:
- The DEH-1000E is entry-level with front aux-in connector for MP3 hook-up, rotary volume control and red or green (DEH-1020E) colour codes.
- The DEH-2000MP/DEH-2020MP/DEH-2000MPB offer MP3/WMA/WAV playback from ripped CDs, sports a front aux input for MP3 hook-up, on-screen CD text and OEM remote control input so you can control the unit from an existing steering wheel remote. Available in red, blue or green button display.
- The DEH-3000MP features an RCA pre-out so users can add an amplifier, additional speakers or subwoofer.
- The DEH-4000UB is exclusive to Argos and sports a front-mounted USB socket for external MP3 hook-up.
- The DEH-5000UB arrives in a choice of ten colours and comes with rear-mounted USB and aux inputs keeping the front clutter free for the more style conscious.
- The DEH-50UB is the first model from the range to allow iPod Direct Audio Control so you can control your iPod through the stereo with the option of an extra remote control. There are also rear-mounted USB and direct sub inputs.